The ongoing economic instability is putting pressure on businesses. You may be forced to consider
- rationalising or downsizing
- diversifying, or
You might need to:
- look for innovative approaches - new technology, new products etc
- change processes e.g. to be more environmentally sustainable
- provide staff with a different range of skills
- reduce staff hours
- prepare staff for retrenchment.
State Training Services can provide
- advice and guidance on options and processes
- skills assessment and recognition
- access to funded vocational training including apprenticeships and traineeships
- access to a range of resource materials
- coordination with other government and community services for support for retrenched workers, such as job matching, financial and social services assistance, career advice etc.
Talk to a State Training Services Manager now. Call 13 28 11.
Looking for training course information?
- Apprenticeships and traineeships search
- Retrenched Workers Programs - talk to a Training Advisor - 13 28 11
- Short courses - talk to a Training Advisor - 13 28 11
- Green short courses search.
The Continuing Apprentice Placement Scheme (CAPS)- is a free service that matches employers with genuine out-of-trade apprentices/trainees who are seeking to complete their qualification. CAPS links employers to benefits and other free employment services.
Retrenched Workers Training Assistance - a range of services including skills assessment, referral to vocational training and priority assistance.
Workshops, information and support for various aspects of business management and development (Department of Industry & Investment) are also available.
The NSW Government Trade & Investment website offers a large range of services, grants and funding to people and businesses.