NSW Industry Training Advisory Bodies (ITABs)
On this page:
- Services they provide
- Industry sector coverage in NSW
- NSW ITAB industry groupings, contact details and training package coverage
- NSW ITABs Conference - June 2015
Industry Training Advisory Bodies (ITABs) are autonomous, industry based bodies that represent their industries on training and related matters to support the vocational education and training system. There are 11 ITABs, with each covering specific industry sectors.
NSW ITABs are a key source of industry advice for the NSW Government. ITABs provide streamlined, unique and timely advice to the Department of Education and Communities on the training and skill needs of their NSW industry sectors to facilitate workforce development.
Services they provide
ITABs are contracted by the NSW Department of Industry to provide core services in six key performance areas (KPAs). The KPAs are to:
- identify industry skill needs, priorities and skills development issues for funded training in New South Wales
- support the delivery of quality training in New South Wales
- promote training to industry and broker services to assist in the take-up of funded training in collaboration with State Training Services
- advise on apprenticeship and traineeship arrangements in New South Wales including school based arrangements and the establishment of Vocational Training Orders
- advise on the development, review and implementation of training packages
- support the delivery of vocational education and training to school students.NSW ITABs maintain close contact with regulatory bodies and national industry skills councils. ITAB boards and committees include representatives from relevant employer and employee associations, training providers and regulatory authorities
Industry sector coverage in NSW
ITABs cover 11 major industry areas in NSW and their board members represent significant enterprises, employers and unions of their respective industry sectors. The industry groups and associated ITABs are:
- Arts, Communications, Finance Industries & Property Services
- Arts, Communications, Finance Industries & Property Services Ltd (ACFIPS)
- Community Services & Health
- NSW Community Services and Health ITAB
- Construction and Select Property Services
- NSW Construction and Select Property Services ITAB
- Food, Primary Industry & Racing
- AgriFood Skills Australia NSW ITAB
- Forest, Forest Products & Furnishing
- Forest Works NSW ITAB
- Manufacturing & Engineering, Light Manufacturing (Textiles, Clothing & Footwear) & Process Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Skills Australia NSW ITAB
- Public Sector
- NSW Public Sector ITAB
- Resources and Infrastructure
- Resources and Infrastructure NSW ITAB Ltd
- Sport & Recreation, Tourism & Hospitality, Wholesale, Retail & Personal Services
- SkillsIQ ITAB
- Transport & Logistics & Automotive
- Transport and Logistics Industry Skills Council NSW ITAB
- Utilities & Electrotechnology
- NSW Utilities & Electrotechnology ITAB
NSW ITAB industry groupings, contact details and training package coverage
- Download ITABs Contacts Coverage [pdf] here.
NSW ITABs Conference - June 2015
NSW ITABs held a one day Conference on Thursday 4 June 2015 at the Sofitel Wentworth Hotel, Sydney.
The aim of the Conference was to provide delegates with the latest information about state and national changes to the VET system, including the introduction of Smart and Skilled on 1 January 2015. The Conference was designed also to showcase some of the successes of VET in New South Wales.
Photos from the Conference can be viewed here.