ACE Community Service Obligation Program 2016-2017
On this page:
- ACE Community Service Obligation Program
- Am I eligible to undertake training?
- What training can I do as part of the ACE CSO Program?
- ACE CSO Operating Guidelines and Policies
ACE Community Service Obligation Program
Smart and Skilled is a reform of the NSW vocational education and training (VET) system. It is helping people in NSW get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers.
Some students need additional support to access training. Smart and Skilled will help improve participation for disadvantaged learners. Community Service Obligation (CSO) payments to approved Adult and Community Education (ACE) providers will guarantee training for key equity groups.
Smart and Skilled will help regional students get access to quality training. Approved ACE providers will have community service obligations to guarantee vocational education and training in regional and remote areas.
ACE CSO funding will be provided for training and support that cannot be effectively addressed through Smart and Skilled entitlements. This will cover CSO grants for specific types of training and support for disadvantaged learners, regional and remote communities and hard to service communities.
Further information on the ACE CSO Program can be found in the ACE CSO Factsheet.
For further information on Smart and Skilled visit the website at smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au
Am I eligible to undertake training?
To be eligible for government subsidised training under Smart and Skilled, you must be:
- 15 years old or over
- no longer at school
- living or working NSW
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
For further information on Smart and Skilled eligibility please visit the website.
What training can I do as part of the ACE CSO Program?
ACE CSO programs will support training that is linked to the NSW Skills List, including:
- short courses involving nationally recognised units of competency and other tailored training
- units/modules supporting language, literacy, numeracy and employability skills
- targeted training and limited full qualifications up to and including Certificate III qualifications for those who are experiencing barriers to an entitlement.
Contact your local ACE Provider for Fee and Concession information.
ACE CSO Operating Guidelines and Policies
Thirty five Approved ACE Providers across NSW are funded under the ACE CSO program in in 2016 - 2017 to deliver training under the Smart and Skilled ACE CSO Program.
To locate the nearest provider to you please follow this link.
The ACE CSO Program Guidelines and Operating Guidelines are an essential component of the approved ACE training providers' contract and providers should be read carefully in conjunction with the Contract Terms and Conditions and the Smart and Skilled Fee Administration Policy. A list of these documents for 2016-2017 can be found below: