ACE Community Service Obligation Program 2017-2018
On this page:
- ACE Community Service Obligation Program
- Am I eligible to undertake training?
- What training can I do as part of the ACE CSO Program?
- ACE CSO Operating Guidelines and Policies
ACE Community Service Obligation Program
Smart and Skilled is a reform of the NSW vocational education and training (VET) system. It is helping people in NSW get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers.
Some students need additional support to access training. Smart and Skilled will help improve participation for disadvantaged learners. Community Service Obligation (CSO) payments to approved Adult and Community Education (ACE) providers will guarantee training for key equity groups.
Smart and Skilled will help regional students get access to quality training. Approved ACE providers will have community service obligations to guarantee vocational education and training in regional and remote areas.
ACE CSO funding will be provided for training and support that cannot be effectively addressed through Smart and Skilled entitlements. This will cover CSO grants for specific types of training and support for disadvantaged learners, regional and remote communities and hard to service communities.
Further information on the ACE CSO Program can be found in the ACE CSO fact sheet.
For further information on Smart and Skilled visit the website at smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au
Am I eligible to undertake training?
To be eligible for government subsidised training under Smart and Skilled, you must be:
- 15 years old or over
- no longer at school
- living or working NSW
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
For further information on Smart and Skilled eligibility please visit the website.
What training can I do as part of the ACE CSO Program?
ACE CSO programs will support training that is linked to the NSW Skills List, including:
- short courses involving nationally recognised units of competency and other tailored training
- units/modules supporting language, literacy, numeracy and employability skills
- targeted training and limited full qualifications up to and including Certificate III qualifications for those who are experiencing barriers to an entitlement.
Contact your local ACE Provider for Fee and Concession information.
ACE CSO Operating Guidelines and Policies
Log into NetFirst to view 2017-2018 ACE CSO Program Policies and Guidelines. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.