Apprenticeships and traineeships information for employers
Under the NSW Government fee-free apprenticeship initiative, NSW apprentices that commence their training on or after 1 July 2018 may be eligible for fee free training. For more information go to vet.nsw.gov.au. For eligible apprentices there will be no requirement to pay the fee.
Employers and workplace supervisors play a central role in the success of apprenticeships and traineeships in New South Wales and are in a key position to maximise the success of training.
On this page:
- Getting started...
- Already have an apprentice or trainee in your employment and need help on...
- NSW regulatory and policy information
- Other programs and information
- Vocational education and training (VET) provides people with the workplace skills and technical knowledge they need to meet current and future employment demands. Read how to 'Strengthen your business with vocational education and training...'
Already have an apprentice or trainee in your employment and need help on...
- Financial assistance
- Assistance for employers of apprentices and trainees with disabilities
- Introduction to supervising your apprentice or trainee
- Supervising your apprentice or trainee **FREE workshops**
- Problem solving and conflict resolution
- Self Help - Frequently Asked Questions
- Guide to apprenticeships and traineeships in New South Wales [1.4Mb Pdf]
- Publications, forms and documents
- Continuing Apprentices Placement Service (CAPS)
- Search for an Apprenticeship or Traineeship