Supervising my apprentice/trainee
Workplace supervisors play a central role in the success of apprenticeships and traineeships.
On this page:
The role of supervision in the workplace
Recent studies show that the main reasons given by learners in their decision to leave or stay with training arrangements are to do with
- the extent to which their choice of apprenticeship or traineeship meets their expectations
- the extent to which the quality of the training received compensates for lower training wages
- general workplace conditions and relationships and
- the extent to which they feel supported as learners in the workplace.
Effective supervision of apprentices and trainees leads to:
- more productive workplaces
- higher quality output and services
- more employees who can work unsupervised
- employees who can undertake a wider range of tasks.
Free workshops - Supervising your apprentice or trainee
- How well equipped are you to train and supervise an apprentice or trainee?
- Are you confident that you know how to get the most out your apprentice or trainee?
- Have you had problems with workplace training in the past?
Find out more about our free supervising your apprentice/trainee workshops here.
Download Supervising your apprentice or trainee - A guide for workplace supervisors [Pdf 2146KB]