Supervising your apprentice or trainee - Video series
- How well equipped are you to train and supervise an apprentice or trainee?
- Are you confident that you know how to get the most out your apprentice or trainee?
- Have you had problems with workplace training in the past?
Due to the precautionary social distancing measures recommended by NSW Ministry of Health, Training Services NSW is postponing all upcoming Supervisor Workshops. However we are implementing different ways of providing support to ensure businesses, learners, apprentices and trainees can continue to access our services.
This video series is designed for new supervisors or supervisors looking to refresh their knowledge or gain additional skills.
It includes practical strategies you can use to improve outcomes for your learner, and ultimately, your business.
We'll explore how to support the successful completion of an apprenticeship or traineeship, your legal responsiblities as a supervisor, and how to ensure everyone's safety at work.
By using real life examples, we’ll offer effective management tools including:
- How to motivate your new learner
- Managing mobile phone and technology use
- Effective one-on-one coaching techniques including how to understand and work with different learning styles.
You can watch these videos in order, exploring links and downloadable study materials along the way, or you can dive into specific topics to get targeted information and support.
- Supervising your apprentice or trainee - Welcome series
- Roles and responsibilities
- The training plan
- Workplace training
- Legal responsibilities
- Signing off competence
- In your learner's shoes
- Above the line behaviour
- Learning styles
- Bullying in the workplace
- Aboriginal learners
- How can we help?
- Download Supervising your apprentice or trainee - A guide for workplace supervisors [Pdf 2146Kb]
- Download support documents from the Supervising your apprentice or trainee guide [Pdf 4208Kb]
- Find more information on our Supervising your apprentice/trainee page.