Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
Are your looking for an apprenticeship, traineeship or other vocational training?
Training Services NSW has a range of services and programs to help you.
On this page:
- The Way Ahead for Aboriginal People - mentoring assistance
- Career development
- Start your own business
- Inspirational Indigenous Stories (DVD)
The Way Ahead for Aboriginal People - mentoring assistance
- Is your new apprenticeship or traineeship hard to learn?
- Don't know what to ask? Where to start? Who to talk to?
- Finding it hard to settle in to a job?
- Or maybe having problems with the boss or other staff?
The Way Ahead for Aboriginal People mentoring program can help.
The service is free and mentors are chosen because they have proven experience helping aboriginal people. A Way Ahead Mentor provides
- guidance and support during your apprenticeship or traineeship
- help to cope with some of the social and organisational pressures faced by Aboriginal people in the workplace.
Ring your local Training Services NSW centre on 13 28 11 to get in touch with a Way Ahead Mentor.
Looking for a change of direction in your work? Then the New Careers for Aboriginal People (NCAP) could be for you.
NCAP officers are available to help you
- plan your future and explore career development opportunities
- with employment assistance such as resume writing and interview preparation when looking for a job.
Start your own business
The Aboriginal Enterprise Development Officer (AEDO) Program has been created to provide expert assistance to help aboriginal people move into independent business opportunities. AEDOs are Aboriginal people who have experience in small business management who help you set up a business, and provide support to keep it running successfully.