Varying a training contract
The training contract that you have with your employer records details of
- you and your employer's personal details
- details of your workplace
- details of the apprenticeship or traineeship
- your Registered Training Organisation
- the rights and obligations of both parties for the duration of the contract.
The contract details need to be current to reflect changing circumstances.
On this page:
- Amending contact details
- Conditions of requesting a change
- Variation options
- Lodge a request to vary or amend the contract
Amending contact details
For any information relating to your Training Contract arrangements, please contact your nearest Training Services NSW Regional Office on 13 28 11.
Conditions of requesting a change
A request to change the training contract needs you and your employer's agreement.
However, sometimes that is not possible. Requests from just you or just your employer may be considered.
In this case Training Services NSW will always seek the consent of the other party before proceeding.
Variations to the training contract can be requested to change
- The term (duration) of the contract
- The employer’s details such as legal and trading name
- The apprentice’s or trainee’s details
- Full/time to part/time or vice versa
- The vocation or qualification being undertaken
- The registered training provider delivering the formal training
- The training delivery mode, for example distance learning or block release
- Credit for skills and knowledge already attained by the learner
- Early completion.
Lodge a request to vary or amend the contract
Your employer and you complete the relevant form.
All fields on the request forms must be completed except for "Change of employer details" and "Change of learner details", where only those fields to be amended should be completed.
The application form is submitted to Training Services NSW.
In some cases supporting documentation may be required – this is specified on the relevant form.
The parties will receive written notification from Training Services NSW advising them of the outcome of their application to vary the training contract.
In some circumstances Training Services NSW may require the parties to cancel the existing training contract and establish a new one.