Changing Training Provider

Formal training is meant to support what you do at work.

What if I'm not happy with my formal training?

If you feel you're not getting the right training from your training organisation, check your Training Plan - it tells you what you should be learning, in what timeframe, where and how.

Perhaps it's a simple miscommunication. Talk with your trainer or the training provider’s support staff. You can use your Training Plan as an official document to refer to during your discussion.

If you're still not convinced, talk to your workplace supervisor and ask for their advice about how to address any issues you have with your training.

We can also intervene on your behalf. For immediate assistance please call Training Services NSW on 13 28 11 to be directed to your nearest Centre or request a preferred contact method via Help & Support and we'll get back to you to discuss your situation confidentially.

Apprentice tradesman not happy with formal training
Happy apprentice tradesman

What happens if my training provider goes out of business?

Unfortunately some training providers close while still delivering courses. This can be for a range of reasons, including that they may not be financially viable, Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) has cancelled their registration, or the business owner can no longer commit to delivering training. You'll need to find a new training organisation so you can complete your study.

To assist with the transfer process you will need to have a Statement of Attainment from your old RTO to take to the new training provider. A Statement of Attainment is a transcript that recognises the units of competencies of the qualification that you have completed. In some cases, you may not be able to get this from your training provider eg. your RTO might be de-registered or your RTO has gone out of business. If this is the case you can contact the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) to request a copy of your student records by completing the online form - Application for a copy of student records and paying the required fee.

Your Australian Network Provider (ANP) can help you and your employer find another training provider.

You can also contact your nearest Training Services NSW centre on 13 28 11 and we will help you find a new training provider.


  • For confidential advice and support contact your local Training Services NSW centre directly or phone 13 28 11 to be directed to your nearest office.
Page last updated: 01 July 2018