Search for CIBs, VTOs and qualification documents
Note: Training Services NSW and ASQA transition arrangements will be aligned. Registered training organisations (RTOs) may commence training in either the new or superseded qualification but must meet the requirements of ASQA.
For more information refer to ASQA's General Direction - Learner Transition.
Commissioner's Information Bulletin (CIB)
A CIB contains information for the administration of apprenticeships and traineeships in New South Wales. The CIB specifies the training framework, industrial arrangements, job descriptions, licensing and regulatory requirements, resources to support the delivery of training and training providers available to deliver the training.
Vocational Training Order (VTO)
A VTO is the legal instrument that establishes apprenticeships and traineeships in New South Wales. The VTO specifies the qualification, length of apprenticeship or traineeship and probationary period.
Qualifications are formal certificates issued by a registered training organisation when a person has successfully completed an educational program. Qualifications awarded to apprentices and trainees are industry-based, with specified combinations of units of competency required by each industry for each qualification. They are assessed by demonstrating competence of skills and knowledge under workplace conditions.
View ALL CIBs by number
or search by an industry
or search by a CIB title
- CIB 576 - Food Processing - Apprenticeships and Traineeships - Updated 17 August 2018
- CIB 649 - Transport and Logistics - Traineeships - Updated 17 August 2018
- CIB 659 - Forest and Forest Products - Apprenticeships and Traineeships - Updated 17 August 2018
- CIB 675 - Information and Communications Technology - Apprenticeships and Traineeships - New 17 August 2018
- CIB 676 - Racing - Apprenticeships and Traineeships - New 17 August 2018
- CIB 677 - Maritime - Apprenticeships and Traineeships - New 17 August 2018