Search for CIBs, VTOs and qualification documents
Note: Training Services NSW and ASQA transition arrangements will be aligned. Registered training organisations (RTOs) may commence training in either the new or superseded qualification but must meet the requirements of ASQA.
For more information refer to ASQA's General Direction - Learner Transition.
Commissioner's Information Bulletin (CIB)
A CIB contains information for the administration of apprenticeships and traineeships in New South Wales. The CIB specifies the training framework, industrial arrangements, job descriptions, licensing and regulatory requirements, resources to support the delivery of training and training providers available to deliver the training.
Vocational Training Order (VTO)
A VTO is the legal instrument that establishes apprenticeships and traineeships in New South Wales. The VTO specifies the qualification, length of apprenticeship or traineeship and probationary period.
Qualifications are formal certificates issued by a registered training organisation when a person has successfully completed an educational program. Qualifications awarded to apprentices and trainees are industry-based, with specified combinations of units of competency required by each industry for each qualification. They are assessed by demonstrating competence of skills and knowledge under workplace conditions.
View ALL CIBs by number
or search by an industry
or search by a CIB title
- CIB 594 - Manufacturing - Traineeships - updated 25/09/20
- CIB 696 - Information and Communications Technology - Apprenticeships and Traineeships - new 11/09/20
- CIB 688 - Tourism, Travel and Hospitality - Apprenticeships and Traineeships - updated 19/08/20
- CIB 695 - Transport and Logistics - Traineeships - new 7/08/20
- CIB 585 - Electricity Supply Industry - Apprenticeships and Traineeships - updated 17/07/20
- CIB 694 - Printing and Graphic Arts - Apprenticeships and Traineeships - new 26/06/20
- CIB 693 - Water Industry - Traineeships - new 26/06/20
- CIB 692 - Correctional Services - Traineeships - new 15/05/20
- CIB 670 - Property Services - Traineeships - updated 15/05/20
- CIB 689 - Engineering - Apprenticeships and Traineeships - updated 8/05/20
- CIB 663 - Building and Construction - Apprenticeships and Traineeships - updated 6/05/20
- CIB 648 - Resources and Infrastructure - Apprenticeships and Traineeships - updated 20/04/20