Search for CIBs, VTOs and qualification documents
Note: Training Services NSW and ASQA transition arrangements will be aligned. Registered training organisations (RTOs) may commence training in either the new or superseded qualification but must meet the requirements of ASQA.
For more information refer to ASQA's General Direction - Learner Transition.
Commissioner's Information Bulletin (CIB)
A CIB contains information for the administration of apprenticeships and traineeships in New South Wales. The CIB specifies the training framework, industrial arrangements, job descriptions, licensing and regulatory requirements, resources to support the delivery of training and training providers available to deliver the training.
Vocational Training Order (VTO)
A VTO is the legal instrument that establishes apprenticeships and traineeships in New South Wales. The VTO specifies the qualification, length of apprenticeship or traineeship and probationary period.
Qualifications are formal certificates issued by a registered training organisation when a person has successfully completed an educational program. Qualifications awarded to apprentices and trainees are industry-based, with specified combinations of units of competency required by each industry for each qualification. They are assessed by demonstrating competence of skills and knowledge under workplace conditions.
View ALL CIBs by number
or search by an industry
or search by a CIB title
- CIB 671 - Animal Care and Management - Apprenticeship and Traineeships - Updated 16 May 2018
- CIB 655 - Automotive Retail, Service and Repair - Apprenticeships and Traineeships - Updated 1 June 2018
- CIB 610 - Racing - Apprenticeships and Traineeships - Updated 8 June 2018
- CIB 672 - Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management - Apprenticeships and Traineeships - New 8 June 2018
- CIB 673 - Community Services - Traineeships - New 8 June 2018
- CIB 674 - Community Pharmacy, Retail Management and Retail - Traineeships - New 8 June 2018