Search for CIBs, VTOs and qualification documents
Note: Training Services NSW and ASQA transition arrangements will be aligned. Registered training organisations (RTOs) may commence training in either the new or superseded qualification but must meet the requirements of ASQA.
For more information refer to ASQA's General Direction - Learner Transition.
Commissioner's Information Bulletin (CIB)
A CIB contains information for the administration of apprenticeships and traineeships in New South Wales. The CIB specifies the training framework, industrial arrangements, job descriptions, licensing and regulatory requirements, resources to support the delivery of training and training providers available to deliver the training.
Vocational Training Order (VTO)
A VTO is the legal instrument that establishes apprenticeships and traineeships in New South Wales. The VTO specifies the qualification, length of apprenticeship or traineeship and probationary period.
Qualifications are formal certificates issued by a registered training organisation when a person has successfully completed an educational program. Qualifications awarded to apprentices and trainees are industry-based, with specified combinations of units of competency required by each industry for each qualification. They are assessed by demonstrating competence of skills and knowledge under workplace conditions.
Search by number
Search by industry
Search by title
- CIB 724 - Manufacturing - Traineeships - new 10/12/21
- CIB 723 - Sustainability - Traineeships - new 10/12/21
- CIB 722 - Textile, Clothing and Footwear - Apprenticeships and Traineeships - new 10/12/21
- CIB 657 - Laboratory Operations - Traineeships - updated 10/12/21
- CIB 721 - Chemical, Hydrocarbons and Refining - Traineeships - new 29/10/21
- CIB 720 - Plastics, Rubber and Cablemaking - Apprenticeships and Traineeships - new 29/10/21
- CIB 719 - Electricity Supply Industry - Apprenticeships and Traineeships - new 29/10/21
- CIB 718 - Aeroskills - Apprenticeships - new 29/10/21