Policy for Delivery of Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116)
Changes to the Standards for RTOs 2015 and the release of the ‘NSW Smart and Skilled Policy for the Delivery of the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116)':
- Well-qualified trainers and assessors are pivotal to the success of Australia’s VET system.
- The Commonwealth Government has amended the credential requirement in the Standards for RTOs 2015 due to the change made to the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment in 2016. This change sees the inclusion of two additional core units:
- Design and develop assessment tools, and
- Address adult language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills
- The Standards for RTOs 2015 has also changed the credential requirement for the Assessor Skills Set, with the inclusion of the Design and develop assessment tools unit
- The amended legislation requires all trainers and/or assessors to hold the additional unit(s) and meet the new credential requirements by 1 April 2019.
- For trainers and assessors who already hold the current TAE qualification (TAE40110), undertaking these two additional core units is professional development. As such the NSW Government will not subsidise the training for these units for trainers and assessors with TAE40110.
- For assessors who already hold the current Assessor Skills Set (TAESS00001), undertaking the additional required unit is also professional development. Therefore training in this unit will also not be subsidised by the NSW Government.
- Unqualified individuals who wish to undertake the new full qualification (TAE40116) may be eligible for government-subsidised training under Smart and Skilled.
- Registered Training Organisations and trainers and assessors who already hold the TAE40110 will not be able to use the Smart and Skilled Targeted Priorities program to upskill to meet the new credential requirements. This also applies to assessors seeking to upskill to the new assessor credential requirements.
- For more information please consult the Smart and Skilled Policy for the Delivery of the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) and the Standards for RTOs 2015.