Training Services NSW Aboriginal Business Advisory Initiative
Training Services NSW (TSNSW) is proud to deliver a suite of Aboriginal Initiatives that aim to improve training, education, employment and business outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities in NSW. This ensures Aboriginal people continue to contribute to and benefit from the strength of the NSW economy.
We have a number of priorities that align with the NSW Government commitments to support stronger Aboriginal communities in which Aboriginal people actively influence and fully participate in social, economic and cultural life.
To support this priority, TSNSW is pleased to welcome the new Aboriginal Business Advisory Initiative. This new initiative incorporates the principles of the current AEDO program and includes support for existing Aboriginal owned and operated businesses to grow and diversify their business.
On this page:
The Aboriginal Business Advisory Program will support Aboriginal owned businesses by; building capacity through greater connectivity to NSW Government Procurement, supporting business start-up, encouraging business expansion and providing access to training and job creation.
The Aboriginal Business Advisory Program will achieve these objectives by:
- Providing local and culturally appropriate business coaching and advice to start-ups and small to medium enterprises;
- Promoting business growth through relevant training, increased confidence and advice on innovative approaches;
- Providing a professional referral pathway to wrap around support services;
- Increased alignment and connectivity to broader Government initiatives; and
- Increased involvement of Aboriginal owned businesses in NSW Government projects.
Organisations applying for funding under the Aboriginal Business Advisory Initiative must be based in NSW and provide services within the State.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for a Grant.
- Applications must:
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be one of the following:
- a company incorporated in Australia;
- a company incorporated by guarantee;
- an incorporated association or co-operative;
- a partnership;
- a sole trader; or
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006;
- be registered for GST;
- have the demonstrated skills and capacity to deliver the Aboriginal Business Advisory Initiative in one or all Service Areas (refer to Program Guidelines for the list of Service Areas);
- be financially viable and able to demonstrate they are likely to remain so over the duration of the Initiative delivery period; and
- have public liability insurance.
The following are not eligible to apply:
- Australian or NSW Government agencies, State Owned Corporations or statutory authorities;
- Local Government Authorities;
- Organisations that do not have an ABN;
- Unincorporated associations; and
- Businesses that are insolvent.
How to Apply
Applications have now closed for the Aboriginal Business Advisory Initiative.
Further information regarding the Grant, including Grant Duration, Service Areas, Services and Assessment Process is available here:
Frequently Asked Questions
The Frequently Asked Questions page addresses all questions received for both Barranggirra and the Aboriginal Business Advisory Initiatives.