Elsa Dixon Aboriginal Employment Program (EDAEP)
The EDAEP provides funding to organisations to support Aboriginal education, employment and training by
On this page:
- 2016-2017 Applications - School-based Traineeship Element
- 2015-16 Aboriginal Positions funded by Agency
- Good News Stories
The aim of the EDAEP is to promote diversity, innovation and service responsiveness in the NSW workforce by reducing barriers to employment and improving promotional opportunities for Aboriginal people.
- encourages the permanent employment and professional mobility of Aboriginal people in NSW public service agencies and local government authorities
- provides special incentives for the employment of Aboriginal people with a disability
- promotes innovation in achieving vocational outcomes for Aboriginal people.
The EDAEP is comprised of five (5) elements:
- Permanent (ongoing) Employment
provides a one-off twelve month salary subsidy to support the permanent employment of an Aboriginal person in a NSW public service agency or local government authority.
- Temporary (term employment) Secondment
subsidises the salary cost of a temporary position (up to twelve months) that will provide a significant skill development opportunity for an Aboriginal person who is already permanently employed in a NSW public service agency or local government authority.
- Community Partnership Project
funds community-based projects that have the potential to create education, employment and training opportunities for Aboriginal people.
- Graduate Work Experience
subsidises the salary cost of a work experience placement for an Aboriginal person for a maximum of twelve weeks, during or just after their final year of a degree or post-degree course.
- School Based Traineeship Element
subsidises the salary of a School Based Traineeship in a NSW public service agency or local government authority.
2016-2017 Applications - School-based Traineeship Element
Applications are being invited from public and local government agencies only to apply for funding under the 2016-17 Elsa Dixon Aboriginal Employment School-based traineeship element. Applications will open on Monday 1 August 2016 and close on Friday 2 September 2016. Agencies intending to apply will need to register with NSW eTendering in order to access the application documents.
Register for NSW eTendering here.
2015-16 Aboriginal Positions funded by Agency
Successful agencies and Aboriginal positions available under the program 2015-16 can be viewed from the link below:
Good News Stories
- "I now have skills" - end of a traineeship testimonial
- Elsa Dixon program is changing lives
- Aboriginal school students in the New England off to a flying start thanks to Elsa