Elsa Dixon Aboriginal Employment Program (EDAEP)
The EDAEP provides funding to organisations to support Aboriginal education, employment and training by
On this page:
- 2017-18 Applications are Now Open
- 2016-17 Aboriginal Positions funded by Agency
- Good News Stories
2017-18 Applications are Now Open
Applications are being invited from public and local government agencies and Aboriginal organisations (small grants element only) to apply for funding under the 2017-18 Elsa Dixon Aboriginal Employment Program. Applications open on Monday 20th February and close on Sunday 19th March 2017. Applications intending to apply will need to register with NSW eTendering in order to access the applications documents.
The aim of the EDAEP is to promote diversity, innovation and service responsiveness in the NSW workforce by reducing barriers to employment and improving promotional opportunities for Aboriginal people.
- encourages the permanent employment and professional mobility of Aboriginal people in NSW public service agencies and local government authorities
- provides special incentives for the employment of Aboriginal people with a disability
- promotes innovation in achieving vocational outcomes for Aboriginal people.
The EDAEP is comprised of four (4) elements:
- Permanent (ongoing) Employment
provides a $40,000 grant to support the permanant employment of an Aboriginal person in a NSW public service agency or local government authority
- Temporary (term employment) Secondment
provides a $40,000 grant to support a temporary position (up to twelve months) that will provide a significant skill development opportunity for an Aboriginal person who is already permanently employed in a NSW public service agency or local government authority
- Aboriginal Community Small Grants
provides small grants for community-based projects that have the potential to create education, employment and training opportunities for Aboriginal people
- School Based Traineeship Element
provides a $10,000 grant to support a School Based Trainineeship in a NSW public service agency or local government authority
2016-17 Aboriginal Positions funded by Agency
Successful agencies and Aboriginal positions available under the program 2016-17.
Good News Stories
- "I now have skills" - end of a traineeship testimonial
- Elsa Dixon program is changing lives
- Aboriginal school students in the New England off to a flying start thanks to Elsa