Elsa Dixon Aboriginal Employment Grant
Innovation in achieving vocational outcomes for Aboriginal people
The Elsa Dixon Aboriginal Employment Grant (EDAEG) adopts a number of strategies to develop and support Aboriginal people through the creation of training and employment opportunities. Promoting diversity, innovation and service responsiveness in the NSW workforce, the Elsa Dixon Aboriginal Employment Grant subsidises the salary, development and support costs of Aboriginal employees in public service agencies and local government authorities.
- Permanent Employment – $30,000 up to $40,000 (dependant on level of position) to support permanent employment.
- Temporary Secondment – $20,000 up to $40,000 (dependant on level of position) to support a temporary position of up to 12 months that offers significant skill development for a permanent employee.
- School-based Apprenticeships and Traineeships – $10,000 one off payment to support school-based apprenticeships and traineeships.
Organisations applying for funding under the EDAEG must be registered, based in NSW and provide services within the State.
To be eligible, organisations must be a:
- NSW public service agency; or
- NSW local government authority operating under the Local Government Act 1993.
Funding will NOT be provided to support:
- Positions that form part of an organisations bulk or annual recruitment intake
- Existing positions within an organisations staffing structure
- A position(s) that has previously been funded under the program
- A position(s) that has previously been funded under the Temporary Placement/Secondment element of the program
- A position(s) that has been filled prior to the closing date for applications i.e. no retrospective funding.
How to Apply
Applications have closed for the current round of funding. Please continue to check this site for further information regarding future funding rounds.
Grant Guidelines and Factsheets
Further information regarding the Grant can be found here: