CAPS - The Continuing Apprentices Placement Service
Helping to create a solid skills base for NSW industry and business
CAPS provides a free job matching service for employers and apprentices on the National Skills Needs List (NSNL)
- Help employers find apprentices who want to continue in their training
- Help retrenched apprentices find another job in their chosen trade
- Support and promote a sustainable skills base for NSW industry and business
On this page:
- Register for assistance
- CAPS Update
- CAPS offers a premium service to apprentices and employers
- Financial assistance to relocate
Register for assistance
Looking for an apprentice who has lost their job but is keen to complete their trade qualification? Register now for assistance through CAPS, a free matching service for employers.
Are you an apprentice who has lost your job through no fault of your own? Interested in having your details forwarded to employers who are looking for skilled workers? Register here for free assistance through CAPS.
Browse the CAPS list of out-of-trade apprentices. These people are keen to continue their training and gain their apprenticeship qualification.
- has been operating since March 2009
- coordinates with other agents – group training organisations, registered training organisations, Australian Apprenticeship Support Services – to ensure a comprehensive and complete service
- can provide employers with the most up to date resources on supervision and mentoring
- can provide financial assistance to reimburse apprentices for relocation costs when matched through the CAPS service
CAPS offers a premium service to apprentices and employers
CAPS is continually contacting known retrenched apprentices to encourage them to make use of this service. Contact CAPS with your training contract identification number, if you haven’t heard from us.
Financial assistance to relocate
Apprentices on the NSNL occupation may be entitled to State Government financial assistance up to a maximum of $2500 if they have to relocate to another town to continue their apprenticeship. See the CAPS Relocation Allowance Application Form (pdf) or (zip) for eligibility criteria, or contact CAPS CAPS@det.nsw.edu.au about your eligibility. Applications for reimbursement of moving expenses, together with receipts, should be submitted to the CAPS once the training contract with the new employer has been lodged and approved.