CAPS - The Continuing Apprentices Placement Service
- helping to create a solid skills base for NSW industry and business
CAPS provides a free job matching service for employers and apprentices/trainees on the National Skills Needs List (NSNL)
- Help employers find apprentices/trainees who want to continue in their training
- Help retrenched apprentices find another job in their chosen trade
- Support and promote a sustainable skills base for NSW industry and business
On this page:
- Register for assistance
- CAPS Update
- CAPS offers a premium service to apprentices and trainees and employers
- Financial assistance to relocate
Register for assistance
Looking for an apprentice or trainee who has lost their job but is keen to complete their trade or traineeship qualification? Register now for assistance through CAPS, a free matching service for employers.
Are you an apprentice or trainee who has lost your job through no fault of your own? Interested in having your details forwarded to employers who are looking for skilled workers? Register here for free assistance through CAPS.
Browse the CAPS list of out-of-trade apprentices and trainees. These people are keen to continue their training and gain their apprenticeship or traineeship qualification.
- has been operating since March 2009
- has helped over 3100 apprentices and trainees in that time
- has helped 2293 apprentices and trainees into employment which continues their apprenticeship or traineeship
- is focused on NSW skills shortage area with a 98% outcome
- coordinates with other agents – group training organisations, registered training organisations, Australian Apprenticeship Support Services – to ensure a comprehensive and complete service
- can provide employers with the most up to date resources on supervision and mentoring
- can provide financial assistance to move house for apprentices and trainees in certain circumstances
CAPS offers a premium service to apprentices and trainees and employers
CAPS is continually contacting known retrenched apprentices and trainees to encourage them to make use of this service. Contact CAPS with your training contract identification number, if you haven’t heard from us.
Financial assistance to relocate
Apprentices and trainees on the NSNL occupation may be entitled to State Government financial assistance up to a maximum of $2500 if they have to relocate to another town to continue their apprenticeship or traineeship. See the Relocation Allowance Application Form (34KB) for eligibility criteria, or contact CAPS firstname.lastname@example.org about your eligibility. Applications for reimbursement of moving expenses, together with receipts, should be submitted to the CAPS once the training contract with the new employer has been lodged and approved.