Certificate of Proficiency - other information

Licenced Trades

A number of trades in NSW require a license issued by a relevant licensing authority. The Commissioner for Vocational Training does not issue licenses.

Trade or industry sectors requiring licensing trades include:

  • aircraft trades
  • automotive trades
  • building and construction trades
  • electrical trades
  • refrigeration/air conditioning trades
  • plumbing trades

You should contact the relevant licensing authority for further information regarding licensing matters as follows:

Aircraft Trades

Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Licensing Section - Civil Aviation Safety Authority

Phone: 13 17 57

NSW Department of Fair Trade licenses all residential builders, tradespeople specialist and motor vehicle repairers and insurers in NSW.


For advice and information contact Training Services NSW on:

Email: trade.skills@det.nsw.edu.au

Phone: 1300 772 104 or your local Training Services NSW regional office on 13 28 11

Page last updated: 11 June 2020