Smart and Skilled - NSW Quality Framework
The Quality Framework sets the benchmark for quality for Smart and Skilled.
The NSW Quality Framework promotes a shared vision for quality and quality assurance in NSW Government-subsidised vocational education and training (VET) delivered through Smart and Skilled.
The framework does the following:
- Sets out the standard of quality expected under Smart and Skilled
- Explains how the quality of Smart and Skilled Providers is measured
- Signals the intent of linking performance on quality measurements to funding and other Smart and Skilled market management activities
- Details Training Services NSW’s approach to quality assurance activities.
Underpinning the framework is the expectation that quality under Smart and Skilled exceeds the minimum standards required to operate as a Registered Training Organisation. Instead there is a focus on best practice. What best practice looks like is detailed in the following areas that are key to training delivery and assessment:
- Striving for improvement through a student-centred approach to the training experience
- Expanding connection to industry so training is innovative and meets employer needs, and students have access to placements and exposure to the workplace
- Providing high level individualised support for students, particularly disadvantaged students
- Capability building of staff and systems
- Using external sources to validate assessment practices.
- NSW Quality Framework [pdf]