Apprentice of the Year eligibility and selection criteria
The NSW Apprentice of the Year Award is presented to an apprentice who has been outstanding in all aspects of their training and demonstrates the relevance of life-long learning.
- be a permanent resident of Australia and undertaking training in New South Wales;
- have completed*, or due to complete their training between 1 October 2020 and 30 September 2021 in a training course that leads to a nationally recognised outcome or qualification relevant to this award;
- have a registered training contract with the NSW Department of Education;
- not still be enrolled in school;
- only be nominated by one nominator, either their Registered Training Provider; or employer; GTO or Apprenticeship Network Provider
- supply their Training Contract ID (TCID) number. If you do not know your TCID number, contact your local regional office on 13 28 11; and
- not be nominated in subsequent years for the same training contract.
*Note: this refers to the completion date on the training contract. If the nominee has completed early through competency based completion, evidence of this early completion must be attached to the online application.
NSW Training Award - Apprentice Criteria [Pdf]