About our Awards
The NSW Training Awards are conducted annually by Training Services NSW to recognise outstanding achievement in the vocational education and training sector. The Awards honour and reward the achievements of students, trainers/teachers, training organisations, large and medium employers.
The North Coast regional presentation celebrates the quality that the VET sector generates from Taree in the south to Tweed Heads in the north.
The evening provides a fantastic opportunity to support local finalists, network with local businesses, training providers, departmental staff and senior government representatives. Businesses and training organisations will be showcasing individuals who have strived to achieve excellence in their vocation and industry. Regional award winners may have the opportunity to represent the North Coast at the State Awards and ultimately, the National Training Awards.
This year, the regional awards ceremony will recognise excellence in the following categories.
- Apprentice of the Year
- Trainee of the Year
- School Based Apprentice/Trainee of the Year
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year
- Vocational Student of the Year
- North Coast Achievement Award
- Norm Beaton Automotive Memorial Award
Represented by the 2017 North Coast Training Awards Committee:
- Amy Lees -Training Services NSW
- Blair Collis – Novaskill
- Glenn Jeffery- Department of Education Public Schools NSW
- Ingrid Johansen - ETC
- Jacqueline Martinson -Training Services NSW
- Julie Cunningham – Training Services NSW
- Kirk Trease -TAFE NSW North Coast Institute
- Kylie Schodel -VERTO
- Ballina Shire Council
- Lismore City Council
- North Coast V-Twins Coffs Harbour
- TAFE NSW North Coast Institute
- CHS Training
- Department of Education Public Schools NSW
- Masters in Building Training
- Richmond Valley Council
- Tursa Employment & Training