About our Awards
The NSW Training Awards are conducted annually by Training Services NSW to recognise outstanding achievement in the vocational education and training sector. The Awards honour and reward the achievements of students, trainers/teachers, training organisations, large and medium employers.
The North Coast regional presentation celebrates the quality that the VET sector generates from Taree in the south to Tweed Heads in the north.
The evening provides a fantastic opportunity to support local finalists, network with local businesses, training providers, departmental staff and senior government representatives. Businesses and training organisations will be showcasing individuals who have strived to achieve excellence in their vocation and industry. Regional award winners may have the opportunity to represent the North Coast at the State Awards and ultimately, the National Training Awards.
This year, the regional awards ceremony will recognise excellence in the following categories.
- Apprentice of the Year
- Trainee of the Year
- School Based Apprentice/Trainee of the Year
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year
- Vocational Student of the Year
- VET in Schools Student of the Year
- North Coast Achievement Award
Represented by Skills NC Inc:
- Lani Pardon -Training Services NSW
- Corinne Milgate – Training Services NSW
- Sue Miller – Lismore City Council
- Glenn Jeffery- Department of Education Public Schools NSW
- Ingrid Johansen - ETC
- Jacqueline Martinson -Training Services NSW
- Julie Cunningham – Training Services NSW
- Toni Belos –TAFE NSW
- Margaret Hughes – Connect Northern Rivers