Nominating someone for the awards can be daunting. If the person you nominate wins their award category, your organisation – be it a school, RTO or business enterprise – will gain invaluable exposure in the broader NSW VET community. If the person goes on to win at the Australian Training Awards, your organisation will gain invaluable national exposure.
The webinars below will assist you to navigate the nomination process.
Review the 'eligibility and selection criteria' for the award category you wish to be nominated for, or that you wish to apply for.
- Keep your writing clear and simple, dot points are acceptable.
- Prepare your responses to the selection criteria and save in Word doc (or equivalent) before copying into the appropriate sections of the online application.
- If you decide to attach a supporting file, ensure you make reference to it in your application.
- Give practical examples and avoid vague generalisations; if you make a general statement such as, "I have an understanding of industry trends", you need to give some evidence.
- Don't exceed the maximum word limit specific to your category on the application.
- Nominators, there is only one login. To obtain your nominee’s responses we suggest you send them the questions and have them email them back to you. Please copy and paste their answers into the portal.
- Each award category questions can be found within each award criteria PDFs found in the Eligibility & Selection Criteria.
2019 NSW Training Awards Partners
The NSW Department of Education gratefully acknowledges the generous support and sponsorship of the NSW Training Awards provided by the following organisations: