The NSW Training Market
The NSW Training Market provides opportunities for private, industry, community based and public registered training organisations (RTOs) to participate in the delivery of vocational training that addresses the skills and workforce development needs of the NSW industry and community.
To deliver training registered training organisations must be contracted under the APL Contract. The APL administers programs to deliver training to NSW jobseekers, workers, apprentices and trainees. The programs are:
- NSW Apprenticeship and Traineeship Training Program (ATTP) - provides funding support for the delivery of training to NSW registered new entrant trainees and apprentices in specific trades and geographic regions, and
- NSW Strategic Skills Program (SSP) - provides funding for training that addresses the strategic skill needs of industry, community and individuals. The training targets the up-skilling needs of industry and the existing workforce, and supports employment opportunities for those entering the workforce.
Find information and advice
The following pages contain information regarding the APL and will assist RTOs with operations under an APL Contract.
- APL Contract Extension
- APL Contract and Program Requirements
- Doing Business Through the APL
- STS Online
- Training Matters News
This section provides a list of news items that are specific to the NSW Training Market.
New Issue of Training Matters News
27 March 2014
Issue 99 of Training Matters News has been released. It covers:
- Preparing for Smart and Skilled
- Information for RTOs interested in applying
- Preparing for the application process
- Updating your RTO profile on training.gov.au
- Optimal performance of the on-line application system
- NSW Quality Framework
- 2014 NSW Skills List – Version 2.0 Now Available
- Becoming a VET FEE-HELP Approved Provider
- 2014 NSW Training Awards