The Apprenticeship and Traineeship Act 2001 No 80
(as amended by the Apprenticeship & Traineeship Amendment Act 2017) commenced on 1 January 2018
With the introduction of the Apprenticeship and Traineeship Amendment Bill 2017, changes have been identified that are aimed at simplifying and updating the Apprenticeship and Traineeship Act 2001. These changes include:
- Providing important safeguards to employers, apprentices and trainees.
- Simplifying key processes around completion, certification, variations to training contracts and trade recognition.
- Removing red tape by abolishing the Vocational Training Review Panel.
View more detailed information on the Act:
- Apprenticeship and Traineeship Act 2001 No 80
- Training Services NSW PowerPoint Presentation [ppt] [Pdf]
Download and view additional information:
- Dispute resolution [Pdf 550Kb]
- Increased requirements for training plans [Pdf 1,800Kb]
- New process for recognition of trade skills [Pdf 1,000Kb]