Australian Apprenticeship incentives
Australian Apprenticeship incentives are an initiative of the Commonwealth Government and are applicable to NSW registered apprenticeships and traineeships.
The following is a summary only of those incentives. Contact your Apprenticeship Network Provider (ANP) for more information. If you do not have a current ANP, Training Services NSW can provide information. Alternatively, refer to the Australian Apprenticeships website for detail.
On this page:
Incentives - basic requirements
Incentive payments are
- available to employers of registered apprentices and trainees
- made when apprentices and trainees commence, recommence and complete their training
- subject to eligibility criteria, waiting periods and time limits being met
- $1,250 incentive for an employer who commences an apprentice or trainee in Certificate II training; or $1,500 incentive for an employer who commences an Australian Apprentice in Certificate III, IV or selected Diploma and Advanced Diploma qualifications.
- $750 incentive for employers employing an 'out of trade' (ie unemployed and returning to the trade) apprentice or trainee Apprentice in Certificate III, IV or selected Diploma and Advanced Diploma qualifications.
- $2,500 incentive for employers of apprentices and trainees who successfully complete Certificate III, IV or selected Diploma and Advanced Diploma.
- Rural and Regional Incentive - Special Commencement
- School Based - Additional Commencement and Retention
- Declared Drought Areas – Additional Commencement and Completion
- Adult Apprentice – Special Commencement and Completion and
- Assistance for Australian Apprentices with a Disability
Is your company eligible?
Your Apprenticeship Network Provider can advise you of the possible range of incentives your company may be entitled to and will assist you apply at the appropriate time.