Apprenticeships and traineeships
Under the NSW Government Fee Free Apprenticeship Initiative, NSW apprentices that commence their training on or after 1 July 2018 may be eligible for fee free training. For more information go to Skills NSW. For eligible apprentices there will be no requirement to pay the fee.
Under the NSW Government Fee Free Traineeship Initiative, NSW trainees that commence their training on or after 1 January 2020 may be eligible for fee free training. For more information go to vet.nsw.gov.au. For eligible trainees there will be no requirement to pay the fee.
Apprenticeships and traineeships combine work-based training with an employer and formal training from a training provider. They are established under training contracts between the employer and the apprentice or trainee and are regulated by government. They're a great way to be paid for work, learn and earn a qualification.
Find information on:
- Apprenticeships and Traineeships - for Students
- Apprenticeships and Traineeships - for Employers
- Apprenticeships and Traineeships - for Training Providers
- Apprentice/trainee advice & support
- Popular Forms for Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- Apprenticeships and Traineeships Search
- Apprentice & Trainee awards/wages
- CAPS - The Continuing Apprentices Placement Service
- Apprenticeships and Traineeships - subsidised funding under Smart and Skilled
- Apprenticeships and Traineeships Policy
- Changes to the Apprenticeship and Traineeship Act 2001 - Amendment 2018