Apprenticeships and traineeships information for students
Under the NSW Government Fee Free Apprenticeship Initiative, NSW apprentices that commence their training on or after 1 July 2018 may be eligible for fee free training. For more information go to vet.nsw.gov.au. For eligible apprentices there will be no requirement to pay the fee.
Under the NSW Government Fee Free Traineeship Initiative, NSW trainees that commence their training on or after 1 January 2020 may be eligible for fee free training. For more information go to vet.nsw.gov.au. For eligible trainees there will be no requirement to pay the fee.
Apprenticeships and traineeships are:
- one of the best ways to get job training and qualifications
- highly regarded by business and industry
- government regulated
On this page:
- Getting started...
- Already an apprentice or trainee and need help on...
- NSW regulatory and policy information
- Other programs and information
- Why should I become an apprentice or trainee? An apprenticeship or traineeship will give you the skills employers need while you're being paid to get a nationally recognised qualification. Read how 'Create your future now...'
Already an apprentice or trainee and need help on...
- Financial support with my apprenticeship or traineeship
- Solving problems and/or dispute resolution
- Procedures for transfer, suspension, cancellation or re-establishment of apprenticeships and traineeships
- Self Help - Frequently Asked Questions
- Publications, forms and documents
- Continuing Apprentices Placement Service (CAPS)