What is relocation assistance?
- Financial assistance up to a maximum of $2500 to relocate to another town to continue your apprenticeship or traineeship.
Who is eligible?
Apprentices and trainees who
- are registered in NSW
- are registered with the Continuing Apprentices Placement Service (CAPS).
- must move from home to another town to continue an apprenticeship or traineeship.
How to apply?
- Complete the Relocation Allowance application form (pdf) or (zip) for eligibility criteria
- Talk to your local Training Services NSW staff about your eligibility
- Register with CAPS by lodging the registration form, and
- Keep copies of your receipts for removal expenses and rental lease arrangements to claim the actual expenses.
What you should know
You can only claim after you have moved and have started your apprenticeship or traineeship.
If you are unemployed but have been offered a job in another town register with CAPS straight away so that you can be assessed for relocation assistance once you have moved.