Relocation Assistance

What is relocation assistance?

  • Financial assistance up to a maximum of $2500 to relocate to another town to continue your apprenticeship or traineeship.

Who is eligible?

Apprentices and trainees who

  • See the Relocation Allowance application form (pdf) or (zip) for detailed eligibility criteria.

How to apply?

  • Keep copies of your receipts for removal expenses and rental lease arrangements to claim the actual expenses.

What you should know

You can only claim after you have moved and have started your apprenticeship or traineeship.

If you are unemployed but have been offered a job in another town register with CAPS straight away so that you can be assessed for relocation assistance once you have moved.

Back to Top

Page last updated: 26 July 2017