Employers & industry advisors
Vocational education and training (VET) provides people with the workplace skills and technical knowledge they need to meet current and future employment demands.
Apprenticeships and traineeships combine work-based training with an employer and formal training from a training provider. They are established under training contracts between the employer and the apprentice or trainee and are regulated by government.
On this page:
Find a provider - Infection prevention and control training
The training will provide workers with the skills they need to follow organisational infection prevention and control policies and procedures, including implementing precautions and responding to infection risks in the workplace.
I am looking to train new or existing staff
Employers and workplace supervisors play a central role in the success of apprenticeships and traineeships in New South Wales and are in a key position to maximise the success of training.
I employ an apprentice or trainee
When you employ an apprentice or trainee you are responsible for ensuring that the apprentice or trainee has access to the full range of work required to develop the skills and industry knowledge they need on the job. You also need to observe their progress and confirm that they are developing the required skills and knowledge by liaising regularly with the RTO.
- Assistance for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- Signing up your apprentice or trainee
- Supervising your apprentice or trainee
- Rules and regulations
- Roles and responsibilities
- Forms - I need to complete some paperwork
- Training plans
- Self-help/Frequently asked questions
- What is a Group Training Organisation (GTO)?
- Solving problems and/or dispute resolution
- NSW regulatory and policy information
- Financial assistance for businesses who employ apprentices/trainees
Programs for employers
Training Services NSW offers a variety of programs and services to assist employers and industry to meet the economic needs of NSW.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- AgSkilled 2.0 training program to upskill and better prepare the agricultural workforce.
- ClubsNSW MOU on Job Creation and Skills Delivery
- Continuing Apprentices/Trainees Placement Service (CAPS) for Employers
- Group Training Organisation (GTO) Recruitment Program and Apprenticeship Completion Incentive Program
- The NSW JobTrainer supports vocational training and skills development across NSW.
- NSW Industry Training Advisory Bodies (ITABs)
- Infrastructure Skills Legacy Program
- Refugees and asylum seekers
- Regional Industry Education Partnerships (RIEP)
- Regional VET Pathways Initiative
- Retrenched Workers Assistance
- Sticking Together Social Impact Bond