Regional Industry Education Partnerships (RIEP)
The Regional Industry Education Partnerships (RIEP) is a NSW Government initiative that will strengthen connections between local industry and secondary school communities and support students in planning their future career pathways.
The RIEP initiative will:
- build partnerships between employers and local schools
- support employers to engage with schools and share their expectations for their future workforce
- help students develop the skills they need to get a job; and
- strengthen links between what is learned at school and what is needed in the workplace.
RIEP will take advantage of local knowledge and networks to boost student engagement with local industry.
Ten dedicated, locally-based RIEP officers will be appointed throughout the network of Training Services NSW regional centres to provide statewide coverage. RIEP officers will:
- Work with school staff on initiatives that engage local industries and support students to plan their career pathways
- Work with local employers to facilitate their access to local schools in order to promote careers within their business or industry.
- Facilitate activities where employers can communicate what they need in terms of skills and experience from young people entering their industry.
- Support school staff to promote the range of jobs and career opportunities available in the region to students and their parents; and
- Develop and provide resources and activities to increase the capacity of schools and industry to engage with each other.
- Entrepreneurial 'Learning in Action' program
The NSW Government is proud to support the startup.business Entrepreneurial 'Learning in Action' program, an exciting in-curriculum program that teaches high school students how to solve problems facing current and emerging industries, using innovation and an entrepreneurial mindset.
For more information contact your local RIEP officer:
|Region / Area||RIEP Officer||Contact Details|
|Hunter & Central Coast|
||M: 0447 856 540
|Central Coast||Ken Rowley||M: 0427 122 493
|Illawarra & South East NSW|
|Wollongong||Jenny Watts||M: 0418 246 838
|Queanbeyan||Sean Douglas||M: 0447 831 462
|New England||Anthony Hollis||M: 0419 406 851
|North Coast & Mid North Coast|
|Lismore||Damon McCarthy||M: 0448 986 935
|Port Macquarie||Stacey Mitchell Bales||M: 0448 987 240
|Riverina||Nathan Cooper||M: 0417 482 066
|Western Sydney & Blue Mountains|
|Western Sydney & Blue Mountains||Skye Weeks||M: 0448 112 508
|Southern & South Western Sydney|
|Southern & South Western Sydney||Rhonda Stone||M: 0448 059 494
|Dubbo||Grant Fish||M: 0447 840 516
|Cobar||Tom Brain||M: 0477 351 302
|Orange||Jacquie Smith||M: 0447 817 662
|Head Office||Nick Minto, Manager||P: 8267 7791 M: 0431 590 952
Senior Project Officer
|P: 8267 7862 M: 0417 412 795
Project Support Officer
|P: 8267 7639