Smart and Skilled
Smart and Skilled is a key part of the NSW vocational education and training system. It's helping people get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers.
Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with:
- an entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III
- government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas.
Smart and Skilled website
Students can go to the Smart and Skilled website for up-to-date information. While there they can use the Course Finder to check their eligibility, find the right Smart and Skilled course and approved training provider, and estimate their student fee.
The website has information for students on:
- Smart and Skilled fee arrangements
- how to enrol
- support for disadvantaged students
- apprenticeships and traineeships
- consumer protection
- recognising skills
Employers and training providers can also go to the Smart and Skilled website for the latest news and information about fee arrangements, apprenticeships and traineeships, consumer protection and much more.
The following Smart and Skilled information is available for training providers and other stakeholders:
- Training provider contract and policies
- Prices, fees and subsidies
- NSW Skills List
- NSW Quality Framework
- VET Student Loans