School based Apprentice/Trainee of the Year eligibility and selection criteria
The NSW School-Based Apprentice/Trainee of the Year Award is presented to a student who is undertaking a Certificate II or above qualification as a part-time School-Based Apprentice/Trainee. The Award recognises the student’s commitment to their formal studies at school, and in the workplace.
To be eligible for this award, the nominee must currently be enrolled at school and still enrolled in 2021. If the nominee is no longer attending school and has completed a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship, the nominee may be eligible for nomination in another NSW Training Awards category, including Apprentice of the Year; Trainee of the Year or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year if all eligibility criteria is met.
If the qualification is not attained through a School-Based Apprenticeship or Traineeship, the nominee is eligible to enter into the VET in Schools Student of the Year Award category.
- be a permanent resident of Australia and undertaking training in New South Wales;
- have a registered training contract with the NSW Department of Education;
- be undertaking/completing a Certificate II or above qualification through a School-Based Apprenticeship or Traineeship;
- supply their Training Contract ID (TCID) number. If you do not have the TCID number, contact your local regional office on 13 28 11; and
- be nominated by one nominator, either their registered training provider, employer, GTO, Apprenticeship Network Provider or school.
NSW Training Award - School-Based Apprentice/Trainee Student Criteria [Pdf]