Vocational student of the Year eligibility and selection criteria
The NSW Vocational Student of the Year Award recognises an outstanding student’s achievement in a course of study leading to a nationally recognised qualification and demonstrates the relevance of life-long learning.
- be a permanent resident of Australia and undertaking training in New South Wales;
- be a full-time or part-time student who is not undertaking an apprenticeship or traineeship;
- have completed*, or due to complete, their vocational studies between 1 October 2020 and 30 September 2021, in a training course that leads to a nationally recognised outcome or qualification;
- only be nominated by their registered training provider or employer; and
- not be nominated in subsequent years for the same qualification.
*Note: completion refers to the completion date of their vocational course. If the nominee has completed early, evidence of this early completion must be attached to the online application.
NSW Training Award - Vocational Student Criteria [Pdf]
*Evidence of Australian Residency
*Evidence of RTO certificate