Riverina-Murray Vocational Education & Training Committee Inc
About the Committee
The Riverina VET Promotional Committee was established as a training awards committee in 1999. The awards started with just the apprenticeship and traineeship categories and now include all student categories. The membership and the role of the committee have grown to now become the Riverina-Murray Vocational Education and Training Committee Inc.
The objects of the Riverina-Murray Vocational Education and Training Committee Inc are:
- To promote Vocational Education & Training (VET) across the Riverina-Murray region
- To encourage industry support for School Based Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- To encourage schools across the region to support School Based Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- To liaise with VET stakeholders to promote VET
- To showcase the success of VET in the Riverina -Murray region by conducting and promoting the NSW Training Awards.
The Committee is comprised of representatives from the key stakeholders within the vocational and education sectors across the region. These Committee members represent: NSW Department of Industry, Industry, Registered Training Organisations, Apprenticeship Network Providers, Catholic Schools Office and NSW Department of Education.